Join us for our 20th annual Down Syndrome Walk as we raise funds and celebrate the amazing individuals in our community with Down syndrome!
Norris-Penrose Event Center
1045 Lower Gold Camp Rd
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Saturday, August 17, 2019
There are a lot of exciting things happening for our 20th walk, so make sure you check out all the information below as well as becoming a fan on Facebook
and take a peek at the CSDSA website
Online registration is now open!
Online registration makes it easy to join a team, form a team, register you and your family or donate! Go to http://www.ds-stride.org/csdsadswalk and follow the easy steps.
New this year:
- 3.21 Run! We will start the day with a 3.21 mile run on the trails in Bear Creek Park. The fee for the run is $28 and runners are welcome to stay for the walk.
- A new schedule of events!
- 6:15am Run registration
- 7:00am Run begins
- 7:30am Walk registration and check-in
- 8:30am Run awards
- 9am Down Syndrome Walk begins
- 10am Kids Fun Zone Opens
- 10:30am Brunch is served
- After 11:00 am Prizes will be awarded
- Limited Edition 20th Anniversary Shirts! Everyone who registers before August 9th will receive a 20th Anniversary blue t-shirt.
- Special Recognition for families who have walked in all 20 walks! Please be sure to indicate how many years you have participated in a CSDSA walkwhen you register.
DS Walk trail signs will be part of the pledge prizes! Each team who raises $100 or more by July 26th will be eligible to have a Down Syndrome Walk sign made and placed along the route. This will be the only way to have a sign this year. We will share more information about the signs as teams reach the $100 mark. Please note we are unable to get signs to families after the walk!
Friday Night Kick-off Concert and Dinner
Join us on Friday evening, August 16th, as we kick off the festivities with a fundraising concert featuring the SofaKillers! Dinner provided by Carrabba's Italian Grill and is included with the cost of the concert ticket!
Get together with friends and family at the Norris-Penrose Event Center, dinner will be from 6-7pm and the concert will be from 7pm-10pm. Beer and wine will also be available for purchase.
Tickets for the dinner and concert are $15 when purchased with your DS Walkregistration. All proceeds from this event will benefit CSDSA. Buy your tickets early; this event sells out each year!
Questions? Call 719-633-1133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org